- 2 lbs. ground turkey or chicken
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I used gluten free)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup Franks hot sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice (Add more if too spicy)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine ground turkey or chicken, garlic, salt, pepper, eggs, breadcrumbs and paprika. Do not overmix.
- Roll chicken or turkey mixture into small meatballs and place on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 11-14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium high heat, add franks hot sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and lime juice. Stir and allow to come to a boil and then reduce and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once meatballs are done, remove from oven and spoon over sauce over each meatball and then return to the oven for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!!
Note: these are great if you make them earlier in the day and reheat later on!