I love these new brownies made with black beans and my whole family likes them! My hubby enjoys them with a little ice cream and maple syrup or whipped cream. lol
I got the recipe from Skinny Taste:
- 1 (14 oz) canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (or dairy, skim)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground coffee or instant coffee
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided (Hershey’s)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a nonstick 9 x 9-inch square baking pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- Blend the black beans, eggs, cocoa powder, sugar, oil, almond milk, balsamic, baking soda, baking powder and coffee in the blender until smooth and pour into a bowl.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly over the top of the brownies.
- Bake the brownies until a toothpick comes out clean, about 30 to 32 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing them into squares.
Yield: 16 servings, Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 6
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 144
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 17.5g
- Protein: 4g
Read more at http://www.skinnytaste.com/amazing-flour-less-brownies/#mIq6BA4j3AtgRI00.99